Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sunday Night Sparks of Prayer and Praise


Michael E. Wood

Some times while listening to a message being preached thoughts of prayer or praise in the form of poetry come to mind. 

November 25, 2012
 We desperately need the help of the Holy Spirit to make application to our hearts when hearing the Word preached, for often we can find ourselves distracted in a multiplicity of ways.

Oh help me to hear and to understand more
Of how to repent and to you then adore,
Not just from sin in, which I’ve been wrong
But much more toward You unto whom I belong!

December 16, 2012
 Partially inspired from watching” Chariots of Fire”. The more we are enabled to comprehend the way in which our Father has wired us by His Spirit for His glory through the finished work of Christ, the more we are enabled to enjoy Him in the doing of His good pleasure.

I feel Your pleasure when I write
As from Your presence flows Your might
By which my spirit now takes wings
And soars by faith to You and sings
With so simple strains as they may be
To the praise of the glory we find in Thee!


No comments:

Post a Comment