Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Am the Same Forever


Michael E. Wood
November 30, 2012

To the choirmaster.  A Psalm of David.   In you, O Lord, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame; in your righteousness deliver me! Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily! Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me! For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me; Psalm 31:1-3

Though my thoughts can be so puny and my grasp of understanding so slight, I give thanks to God through my Lord Jesus Christ that He does not change. We were made for His glory and through the redemption that comes through Christ alone, He has promised to guide those who are His for His Name's sake.

The following came as a result of contemplating the words that God has given to us through the Psalms and through the enjoyment of reading, “Knowing God”, by J. I. Packer

I Am the LORD; I do not change
I Am the same to day
As yesterday and will my friend
Guide you to know the way
By which you may be pleasing
By the Holy Spirits might
Now given by the grace of Christ
To stand by faith and fight
Against the foes that lie within
And those reproaching shouts
Which come from those encroaching
On My glory with their doubts.

For I have now redeemed you
Through my Son who bore your shame,
And raised you up to be like Him
To glorify My Name!
And though the way may seem unclear
At times: Remember this,
I will not hold to anger
When you seek my Son to kiss.
So seek His face by My own Word
From which I will not sever.
I Am the LORD; I do not change;
I Am the same forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment