Friday, May 7, 2010

All who seek You will Rejoice!

While contemplating Psalm 40, I came to verse 5 which says, "You have multiplied, O LORD my God, Your wondrous deeds and Your thoughts toward us; none can compare with You! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told" and the following words came to mind;

Your wondrous deeds and thoughts toward us
Are more than can be told,
And ears you have now dug for me*,
Your myst'ry to unfold.

For You take not delight in things
Where we once thought to stand,
For all we have to offer You,
Comes freely from Your hand. (1st Chron.29:13)

In mercy You inclined to me
And heard my feeble cry.
You drew me from the miry pit
And left me not to die.

You set my feet upon The Rock
And make my steps secure.
My mouth You put a new song in.
A song of praise so sure.

As many will now see and fear
And put their trust in You.
For Christ Is All--our Song of praise,
In which You chose to prove,

The glory of Your steadfast love,
And all Your faithfulness,
And for the glory of Your Name,
Christ Is our Righteousness!

All who seek You will rejoice--
Love You, Oh, our Salvation!
For Great Are You, O LORD our God,
And great Your congregation.

Michael E. Wood
May 7, 2010

(*ESV Hebrew for; you have given me an open ear)

No comments:

Post a Comment