Tuesday, May 11, 2010

For He is our Life!

While reading Colossians chapter 2, I came to verses 13,14 which says, "And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with all it's legal demands. This He set aside, nailing it to the cross." This in turn was used to direct me to Acts Chapter 3 and the following flowed freely from my Father in heaven:

Once like the man, who was laid at the Gate
Called Beautiful, I knew not my fate.
Lame from my birth, and begging for alms,
I knew not the joy then, spoken in Psalms

Then in the Name of Christ Jesus so simple,
Power I received to enter the Temple.
Now walking and leaping and praising my God,
Oh think it not strange, Oh think it not odd,

That the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
Would glorify Christ, and clothe all the naked
Of which He appointed to show in due time,
Restoring all things to His glory sublime!

Oh fix your attention on Paul, Peter, and John
And all those in Christ who now speak from beyond,
As The Author of life, Whom God raised from the dead,
Suffered and bled on the cross in my stead.

Repentance and faith in His Name I received,
My sins blotted out, by His faith to believe.
And now all my strength and my health before all
Comes only through Jesus, as on Him I call.

Oh, listen to Christ in all that He tells
You by His Word and His Spirit to dwell,
And all of the wonder you see with amazement
Will then be your own for His glory by grace sent.

And the record of debt with it's legal demands
You'll find has been canceled, as you see in the hands,
The scars of The Saviour, Who bore all the loss
And set it aside when nailed to the cross.

And rooted and built up in Christ you will be
With all those in Jesus, Who's triumph we see.
For He is our Life, and in all we hold dear
Til with Him in glory we then will appear.

Michael E. Wood
May 11, 2010 4:40 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment