Saturday, May 8, 2010

Through the Cross, our lips He's kissed

As I was in the midst of reading Psalm 132, and came to verses 13-18: "For the LORD has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his dwelling place: "This is my resting place forever; here I will dwell, for I have desired it. I will abundantly bless her provisions; I will satisfy her poor with bread. Her priests I will clothe with salvation, and her saints will shout for joy. There I will make a horn to sprout for David; I have prepared a lamp for my anointed. His enemies I will clothe with shame, but on him his crown will shine." my mind thought of the sweetness of which I have been made to partake in Christ as a member of the local body of Christ here in North Carolina which is now known by the earthly name of Beacon Baptist Church.

There are no words to express the privilege that has been afforded me, but as I also thought of how quickly the time seems to have gone by, my eyes filled with tears of sorrow intermixed with joy, as I began to write, and happily was led to Zephaniah 3:17, of which we hear the voice of His Word speak to our hearts; "The LORD is in your midst, a Mighty One to save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will exult over you with singing.", and thus I began to write;

How short the time seems we have had
By which our Lord has made us glad,
As He has tightened up the strings
Of our heart chords, as He now sings--

Rejoicing o'er His bride with joy
That we might all, of Him enjoy
His mighty presence in our midst
As through the cross, our lips He's kissed.

Oh, how sweet, is His rest in love
As He prepares our place above.
And though for now we're afflicted and poor,
We feast on all He holds in store.

For He Who makes our speech so pure,
That we may call on Him secure,
And serve Him with our hearts ablaze,
As we lie down and on Him we graze.

Sing aloud, O Zion's daughter
And worship Him with all we offer!
For He has changed our shame to praise!
Redeemed for Himself, now all our days.

Before our eyes He will restore
Our fortunes by our King, we adore.
Oh, so much more than I can tell,
When we at last in glory dwell!


Michael E. Wood
May 8, 2010

I am also so very thankful for the platform that I was given at Cracker Barrel to sing His praise and rejoice in Him with many of those He has chosen and called to Himself though not members of Beacon, I trust to see in heaven one day, to the praise of the glory of God's amazing, overwhelming grace. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment