Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Then Jesus Saved Me

As I was given the grace to awake this morning and to begin the day with reading Titus, and the beginning of 1st Timothy 1:12-17 which reads, "I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." I had the thought of reading through, but was captivated by the thoughts given to the apostle Paul, and by the same grace given to Him by the Spirit of the Living God, I saw myself and my sin, and more importantly I saw my Jesus, Who Is my Strength and has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God, for His Own glory.

My actions once in unbelief,
In ignorance I brought Him grief.
My insolence opposed Him then
Until He saved me from my sin.

(Chorus)
For God in mercy, He has come.
O'erflowed my heart by grace and won.
With faith and love in Christ I see,
And to Him all the glory be!

The vilest hypocrite I know--
Professing faith that could not grow
And all my life was to my shame;
Then Jesus saved me by His Name.

(Chorus)

What tender mercy I receive
As faithful He appointed me
Unto His service I will live
And to Him all the glory give.

(Chorus)

What patience Christ now shows in me
That others in Him will believe
And all eternity we'll sing
To Jesus Christ our Lord and King.

(Chorus)

Michael E. Wood
May 4, 2010 11:06 am

No comments:

Post a Comment