Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Michael E. Wood
11/18/11

Have you ever gone out to find a birthday card for a loved one which simply resulted in frustration? The world offers everything from twisted perversions, unrealistic ideologies, or the thoughts which sprang forth from another heart which doesn’t quite meet the criteria you have in mind. And then of course there are those cards of which you think in your own mind, that if you were on the receiving end, you would rather that they would have sent the money in a plain envelope rather than to have spent it on a card. Alas many will settle for something close to what they have in mind or on an unusual occasion may actually find something befitting. I could not, and thus with the help of my beloved wife the following was enclosed in an artistically appealing home made card for my mom.

I looked and looked
And looked and looked
And looked to find a card.
You’d think that
Something simple
Wouldn’t be so very hard.
But when I read
The words that
Others wrote by their design,
I could not
Find a single one
Expressing every line,
Of which I knew
In truth would be
Exactly from my heart
And so I wrote
This simple rhyme
By which I could impart
The knowledge of
My love and
Happy Birthday wishes too,
For there is
Not another
Single one on earth like you.

Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment