Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Sin Which Keeps Me Humble

Michael E. Wood
October 17, 2011

“When the godly man beholds his fate in the glass of scripture, and sees the spots of infidelity and hypocrisy, this makes the plumes of pride fall; they are humbling spots. It is good use that may be even of our sins when they occasion low thoughts of ourselves. Better is that sin which humbles me, than that duty which makes me proud.”  Thomas Watson, “All Things For Good”


Help me focus on the glory
That is found in You
And my sin which keeps me humble
In Your presence too.
For I know that Christ accomplished
All by Your design
That the praises of Your glory
Would be wholly Thine.


By Your mercy, there’s forgiveness
And true faith is found
In the grace You freely give
Wherein we may abound,
For the purpose You created
That all men may know
You our Father are the God
In Christ through whom You show
Your majesty and excellence
To cause men to repent
By the power of Your Spirit
And to earth was sent
To comfort all You have appointed
Through expanse of time
Till in resurrection You will show
That we are Thine!

No comments:

Post a Comment