Monday, November 21, 2011

Hear My Cry, O God

Michael E. Wood
October 12, 2011


The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels. Revelation 3:5

While undergoing a recent time of testing, I came to Psalm 61 which is the basis for the bulk of the new song that was given during that time. Intermixed with the theme of that Psalm is New Testament understanding of that which we have been granted by the grace of God as those whose names were written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain. Revelation 13:8

Thus with music, the following was recorded.

Hear my cry, O God,
Listen to my prayer;
From the end of the earth I call to Thee.
When my heart is faint
To the rock lead me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
For when arrows fly
I will run to You
And I’ll stand by faith
For Your glory too.
You alone are God
And my refuge been
And through Christ You covered all my sin.


You have given me
The heritage
Of all those who fear Your Name.
For the blood of Christ
Removes my shame
That Your glory may be all my aim.
For the King enthroned
Now before Your face
Has redeemed by
Such amazing grace
That my heart cannot
Help but sing to You
And forever give all the praises due.


All Your promises
Are fulfilled O God,
In Christ. We now can freely worship Thee.
He, the curse for us
When upon the tree
As He paid sins debt to set the captives free
That were written in
Your eternal book
As the Lamb was slain;
You forever look
With a smile upon
All in Him as one
Who will reign forever in the kingdom come.

No comments:

Post a Comment