Wednesday, November 2, 2011

His Work in Our Home

Michael E. Wood
October 11, 2011

An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. Proverbs 31:10, 11

Of the gifts that God has given me the greatest of these is Himself by the power of His Spirit through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Second only to Him is the wife, He has been pleased to fitly give to me; my helpmate, my lover, and best friend, Dianna Lynne Wood. Her wisdom and understanding in some things which exceeds my own capacity causes me not only to delight in her, but much more in God who gave her to me, that as one, we might more accurately reflect the glory of His grace and proceed therein. Thus, in times that we may not have an equal or exact understanding in decisions to be made, it behooves me to listen and consider well her council before a final decision is made. God has promised by His Word that He will lead us forth in peace, and thus we look to Him as our loving Father to fulfill all He has planned unto His Most Excellent Glory! Amen!

My first obligation is to my Dear Lord
Who delivers me from sin and strife.
My second is to the woman He gave
In wisdom to be my dear wife.


Though we at times may not understand
All things that our God has in view,
As one we will look continually up
To Him as He makes all things new.


In peace He doth lead, as on Him we feed
And joyfully gives us the cup
Of His intercession, our One great possession;
His fullness of which we will sup.


Though now our service may not be apparent
And obvious for men to see,
We’ll cling to the cross of our Savior alone,
Whose blood cleansed and made us both free.


For He changes not and His work in our home
Doth guide us in love by the aim,
With pureness of heart and a conscience that’s good,
True faith will show forth all His fame!

No comments:

Post a Comment