Sunday, July 4, 2010

How Precious are Your Thoughts

While in the enjoyment of God and pondering the fact that God speaks to us through His Word, and that it is through His Word by the power of His Spirit that He brings us into a relationship with Himself because of the finished work of Christ on the cross, and that He reveals His thoughts to us by the voice of His Word once He has made us His Own. And, taking into account the fact that we are not promised another day, and that our faith transcends time and this temporal world, we being dead yet speak through our faith; the following came to mind:

How precious are Your thoughts to me
Your Word gives peace of mind,
For in Your thoughts You speak to me
To know that I am Thine.

What more could I then ask You for,
In You I now rejoice.
For You have saved me from my sin
Through Christ, You fixed my choice.

For I would not have chosen You
Had You not chosen me,
And now the cross is all I boast,
Your Glory set me free.

And though through lines I replicate
With such simplicity,
I trust You will be pleased to show
Your will and Sovereignty.

For there are yet so many more
Who spurn You like I had,
And yet You will bring to Yourself,
Through Christ to make them glad.

Good News You will send from afar,
As I am in Your hand.
Oh use me to convey Your Truth
Though I in glory stand.


Michael E. Wood
July 2, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment