Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sweet Communion (Part Two)

When encouragement, by the Word of God and the example of others, commends us to pray; especially when it comes to that of interceding for others, we can be sure of obstacles which include the arguments which stem from our own fleshly nature. No doubt, some members of the body of Christ are gifted more than others in this area, but all are called thereunto and thus we must contend in faith, believing that the God of all perfection hears us who are imperfect, through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, by the power of His Holy Spirit, and Is pleased to answer, as He will, when He will, for His Own glory.

Oh you man of flesh in me,
You throw now such a fit.
For when it comes now time to pray,
You are the hypocrite.

You say that God can hear me not,
When He is yet so near.
For He through Christ, my tender Father,
Holds my every tear.

You say that He'll not answer,
But you know that cannot be.
For He has condescended and
To Him I now will flee.

You say that I am yet a child,
And know not how to speak.
Yet in my mouth He puts His words,
As to Him I will seek.

You come to me with fear in vain,
You worthless enemy.
For you my flesh are not my friend,
Tis Christ Who sets me free,

And bids me to approach the throne,
By mercy and with boldness.
For by His blood He cleanses me
And overcomes my coldness.

Oh Father help me to delight
In all my wrestling's,
As for the glory of Your Name,
I raise my offerings,

And praise You as You hear the names
You've placed upon my heart,
And by Your Mighty Spirit
Give the grace that You impart.

Oh give to those Your bride elect
The sweetness of devotion,
That we may honor You our King
In every thought and motion.

Oh help us to endure the tests
As fruit to You we bring,
Your offspring, Oh our Blessed One,
Your praise forever sing!

Oh help us to reflect upon
The good You choose to give
Beyond the vision of our flesh
And for Your glory live,

And trust to us that You will give
In truth our hearts desire
To make You known in all our ways
Til with You we retire.

Oh then we'll see the answers
To our every single prayer,
Of which displays the great array
Of all Your glory there.

And all the struggles of this life
Will vanish at the sight
Of You our Savior overall,
Who Is our soul's delight!


Michael E. Wood
July 8, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment