Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sweet Communion (Part Three)

Not only do we have contention with our own flesh when it comes to prayer, but we can also be sure that as sure as we have been made to be children of God through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, we must also contend with wrestling's not of flesh and blood, but against the schemes of the devil, taking upon us the whole armor of God whereby we are enabled to stand against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.(Ephesians 6:10-12)

In every thing I will give You thanks,
For You are my God, and The Rock of my soul.
Though arrows may fly, and tempests may rise,
Your Word gives me life, for You made me whole.

More abundant than all the good things of this life,
Sweet peace You speak to me and bring to me rest,
And draw me yet closer as none other can do,
Partake of Your joy, with my head on Your breast.

Oh send out Your light and Your truth let them lead me,
Let them bring me to dwell on Your holy hill.
For Christ Is the Altar of which I rejoice in,
Conformed to His image by Your Sovereign will.

Though satan may tempt me in my inmost thoughts,
To doubt You; by this You will surely perform
By the light of Your glory, the strength of Your arm,
More like Jesus I will be as my mind You transform.

So praise You we will, for You are our boast,
And give thanks to Your Name forever and ever.
For You have redeemed us for the sake of Your love,
By the blood of our Savior we'll never be severed.


Michael E. Wood
July 9, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment