Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sweet Communion (Part One)

While reading through the book of Colossians conjoined with the completion of "The Privy Key to Heaven" by Thomas Brooks, I came to chapter one verses 12-14 and contemplated writing some lines of poetry but was distracted by wrestling's within my own soul concerning my own faulty attitudes and my need to grow in the grace and endurance of prayer and supplication for others and thus the following lines came to mind as an open confession and trust the Lord will be pleased to use this for the exaltation of His abounding grace to lead us into the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake, and most especially in the matter of personal private prayer.

This is the place of which I need
To grow and yea, mature.
The place of prayer and see the face
Of Christ Who made me pure.

For prayer is that which draws us near
Our Father to confide in
And secrets of our heart confess,
As Jesus now we hide in.

For He will not withhold from us
In things that we have need,
But will through Christ give richly all
As He doth intercede.

Oh Father now be glorified,
Attend to one so weak,
And hear my prayer, I know You care,
As to Your face I seek.

Oh help me to display Your love
And intercede for others
Especially those now hid in You,
My sisters and my brothers.

It matters not this part of life
To others is not seen.
But is the sweet communion
Of a heart of which You cleaned.

Oh help me to be bearing fruit
In this good work You've given.
And help me fully please You
In this life that I'm now living.

Oh strengthen with all power
According to Your glorious might,
For all endurance, patience, joy,
The inheritance of the saints in light.

We thank You Father, Who qualified us
To share in this with them,
Delivered us from darkness and
Transferred to the kingdom with Him,

Who is Your Beloved Son in Whom
We have redemption, and come,
Forgiven of our sins, by His blood
And in Him we are made one.

He Is Your very image, O our God,
Who art invisible.
The Firstborn of all creation,
Both the unseen and the visible.

For by Him all created things
Both in heaven and on earth
Will wondrously show the great display
Of His Eternal Worth!


Michael E. Wood
July 4, 2010 6:38-10:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment