Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beyond the Grave

While on the way to work, I was sitting at a stop light on the exit ramp and as I contemplated death and heaven, the first line of this poem came to me. Knowing that I had about thirty minutes before I had to be at work, I pulled into one of the places I go near there to be alone, and these words came to mind:

I care not where you put this body
For dust it will become.
And all His fullness I will see,
For with Him I'll be one.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Consumed in Him I'll be,
As full salvation fills the eyes
Of which He's given me.

Oh, what joy my heart now feels
But then beyond all thought,
Imagination gives way to glory
For in Christ's love I'm brought

Beyond the grave of this used body
In which He first showed grace
And filled me with His passion til,
Then, I see full, His face.


Michael E. Wood
5:08 p.m. - March 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment