Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Shall Not Be Shaken!

I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

Even as I write this, I am taken by the beauty of Christ in this passage, as He prayed in the garden, "If it be possible let this cup pass from me, nevertheless, not my will but Thine be done." "I have set the LORD always before me;"

While reading Psalm 16, I came to verse 8 and my mind was taken back to Psalm 62 of which my beloved Dianna and I had read together yesterday afternoon. Verse 2 says, "I shall not be greatly shaken", and verse 6 says, "I SHALL NOT BE SHAKEN". Another thought impressed upon my mind was a statement made by Thomas Brooks from the work of grace written by him entitled, "Heaven on Earth"; "What is grace but glory begun? And what is glory but grace perfected? Grace is glory in the bud, and glory is grace at the full." And thus these words came to mind.

It is Christ that shall not be shaken
Though all else in life will be taken.
He is my portion and He is my cup,
And with Him in glory He's called me to sup.


Partake of His pleasures now at His right hand,
This grace He has given to cause me to stand
Along with all saints, the excellent ones,
Beautiful inheritance of God, called sons.


We trust not ourselves for He is our good
And tests now our hearts as He only could.
My heart now is glad for He is my joy.
His Word He has given by which we enjoy


The path of life of which He's made known,
The light of His presence of which He has sown
Into this world to tell of His story
Until He returns in all of His glory.


Maranatha!

Michael E. Wood
March 4, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment