Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You are my Wisdom!

While contemplating Proverbs 10:23b in the ESV: "wisdom is pleasure to a man of understanding", and that while knowing that CHRIST IS my WISDOM, by the testimony of the Spirit of God, as it is written not only in the Bible (1st Cor. 1:23-24 ... we preach Christ crucified... to those that are called... Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.), but in my heart and in my mind as a gift to show forth the steadfast love and faithfulness of The Almighty God through the cross of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, these words came to mind:

You are my wisdom and I am Your pen.
Oh, use me to write on the hearts of all men,
Such as You choose by Your grace and Your power
To show forth the gospel of Christ in this hour.


Though marred now with sin, it's Your glory within
With which You speak peace to those captive in sin.
You are my Treasure Who spoke forth the Light
Into the darkness which once was my plight.


Now by Your Spirit, Oh show forth the face
Of Jesus my Lord Who has saved from disgrace.
Oh, join us as one by the hope of Your sight
Through the blood of Your Son in Whom You delight.


For though now we groan and You hear our heart cry
Your glory is sure in our home now on high.
For now in good courage by faith we will walk
Til You are The Subject of all of our talk.

One day, every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Oh, that you may be of the number which delight in the God of all glory, through the person of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and that He will be the main Subject of all of your talk. (7:22a.m.-9:27a.m.)

Michael E. Wood
March 10, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment