Monday, March 29, 2010

"Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord"

While driving away from Spring View Assisted Living and being in awe of the goodness of God; His steadfast love and faithfulness, the words of Paul of which my beloved Dianna and I had read together a week ago today came to mind. Romans 15:17 "In Christ Jesus, then, I have reason to be proud of my work for God." As I pulled into the bread store I wrote the first three lines which came to mind and after taking a short nap the following was the result which also included thoughts from 1st Corinthians 1:26-31, For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord. and Psalms 91:1-3 which reads He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.

I am so proud of my Sweet Precious Saviour
Who by His grace has made me to savour
The Life that He gives and the Light of His favor
And now by His cross my sins He doth waiver.

Though vile and so weak, in Christ I will boast
The Great King of kings, and Lord of all hosts!
And now by His Word and the Great Holy Ghost
He buildeth His church to render the most--

Beautiful display of His awesome power!
Our Refuge delivers from the snare of the fowler!
All blessing is His of which He doth shower
Til with Him in glory, though we know not the hour.

Oh, let us be proud of the grace He has brought
To bring Him the glory in all He hath sought,
To bring to Himself, by His blood He hath bought
Til up in the clouds by His voice we are caught.


Michael E. Wood
(11:35a.m. Sunday-3/28/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment