Monday, March 8, 2010

This is the day that YOU have made...

As I was awakened this morning and opened my Bible to Proverbs chapter 8, I found my mind was distracted from the Word by the many thoughts of the things that needed to be done, and this gift of praise in writing He has given me for His glory gave me the means to focus my attention on Christ and the precious gift of who He is and what He has done; not only for me but for all His own, in a most intimate and personal way.

And now, O sons, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways. Hear instruction and be wise, and do not neglect it. Blessed is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors. For whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD. Proverbs 8:32-35

And thus at 8:16a.m. I began to write:

This is the day that you have made
The voice of Your wisdom doth call,
And we Your people hear noble things
As prostrate before You we fall.

Your lips speak right, Your mouth utters truth,
And righteous are all of Your words
Through which You provide by Your Spirit divine
More than for all of the birds.

For though You feed them and all that breathe
Sing Your most glorious praise,
Not one can speak the truth of Your grace
As a son of whom You did raise.

Through Christ alone because of Your love,
The Son in Whom You're well pleased.
As by the cross and shedding His blood,
From sin, death and hell He has seized--

The inheritance that You promised Him
Before all creation began.
And purposed to give such delight in Yourself
And the praise of Your glory our end.

Oh, what joy that You have given
In the depths of Your Own written Word,
As for Your glory You called us to hear
And experience the Word we have heard.

Not unto us but unto Christ
Oh help us exalt His dear Name,
As we in all the days that You give
Take pleasure in spreading His fame.

Not all He gives is for the moment
Of which He now gives unto us,
But will through all eternity
Show Him so Oh, glorious.

O Christ, You are the very center
Of all to us is made known.
By faith imparted into our hearts
To make Your Own glory shown!

After listening to some excerpts of messages by R.C. Sproul, John Piper, and C. J. Mahaney, sent to me by my beloved Dianna, the following words came to mind of which also had great influence in the closing of this little poem. Faith is the means by which we give glory to God, therefore He is delighted to strengthen us and encourage us by the faith that has been delivered to us by the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 4:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment