Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Heart is His

While contemplating the following passages from Proverbs 23:12, 15-19, 22, 26:

Apply your heart to instruction and your ear to words of knowledge.

My son, if your heart is wise, my heart too will be glad. My inmost being will exult when your lips speak what is right. Let not your heart envy sinners, but continue in the fear of the LORD all the day. Surely there is a future, and your hope will not be cut off. Hear, my son, and be wise, and direct your heart in the way.

Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.

My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways.

and rejoicing in the facts illustrated in the songs; "My Hope is in The Lord" and "The Way of the Cross Leads Home", these words came to mind:

What a joy it is to know
My Father's pleased with me,
Because the work of Calvary
Has birthed me to be free.

And as He fills my lips to speak
Things eternally right,
His heart is glad as He exults
To fill my eyes with light.

To focus on the things above,
And not entangled be
In the things of this vain world,
Because He ransomed me.

My heart is His and now my eyes
Observe the words of God
To guide me in the way of peace,
With feet that He hath shod.

No matter what this life might hold
My future in Him rests.
Because the blood of Christ my King
Imparts His righteousness.

Oh, listen all you children
To our Father Who gave life,
The Son of God will come again
To get to Him His wife.

His bride adorned with white,
Lamps filled with Holy Oil.
The purchase of the cross He bore,
The remnant of His spoil.

For now, buy wisdom, and the truth,
Instruction, understanding,
Which comes by love now from above,
Free from the law's demanding.

Your Spirit guides by Your sure Word,
As like Him we will be,
And glorified we shall be then
Because of Calvary.

Thank You Father for the joy
We have in Him, our Song,
As we look now unto the day
For Him in Whom we long.


Michael E. Wood
March 23, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment