Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Soul to Him Clings

As my mind was again distracted by things of this world, which were not bad in and of themselves; but, pertain to earthly responsibilities, I looked to the Word of God, and my attention was arrested by Proverbs 13:25:

THE RIGHTEOUS HAS ENOUGH TO SATISFY HIS APPETITE, but the belly of the wicked suffers want.

I was then taken back by the Spirit to Psalm 63:1-8:

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you;my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.


and these words came to mind:

Christ is my food now and He is my drink;
Fulfilling my soul, so that I do not sink
Into the quagmire of all my vain lusts.
He is The Righteous One, my soul in Him trusts.

His Word is so rich as He fills with delight
And opens my vision to see by His sight.
His grace so sufficient as He fills up my hand--
Partake of His joy as He makes me to stand,

Under the shadow of Almighty wings;
And sing now for joy as my soul to Him clings.
Oh, Beautiful Saviour, Who now upholds me.
In You is all power, in You I will glory.

You take all distress and You fill up the soul
Of all of Your body, in whom You've made whole.
Day now by day for as long as we live--
Your praise will crescendo by the grace that You give.


Michael E. Wood
March 13, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment